ESA BIC Start-up Challenge
The ESA BIC Start-up Challenge of the INNOspace Masters is looking for new technology transfer ideas and business models from earth into space and vice versa.
Potential examples are:
- Mobility applications and solutions
- Innovative optimisation solutions
- Increased efficiency and customer orientation solutions
- Components or subsystems
- Or any other ideas in the space sector
Start-ups are invited to submit their innovative products or services for the new space economy and obtain support from Germany’s ESA Business Incubation Centres in entering this future industry.
The winning proposal will be awarded with a support package tailored to the requirements of its realisation:
- Assistance in transforming the business concept into a viable business plan
- Support of the application in one of the German ESA BIC facilities. If accepted, you will benefit from EUR 50,000 in funding
- Access to the Europe-wide network of experts, which can assist in both, technological and business-related aspects
Space creates innovations that are used in many industries and in everyday life. The two German business incubators of ESA (ESA BIC Darmstadt and ESA BIC Bavaria) have already supported more than 200 business start-ups, thus promoting the transfer of technology from space to a wide range of commercial application areas. For example, new materials, Earth observation, logistics, medicine, mobility, navigation or big data, to name just a few.
Meanwhile, space is also benefiting from the technical development leaps from many “terrestrial” industrial sectors, such as microelectronics, materials science and the IT industry. New ambitious space programmes are now also being set up by the private industry and innovative start-up companies.