Airbus is looking for exceptional ideas (technical solutions, products, business models) using space (satellite systems, ISS, small satellites) that are suitable for having a lasting positive influence on our daily lives. This includes topics such as autonomous driving (satellite navigation, communication, Earth observation), 5G connectivity and IoT/M2M (satellite navigation), as well as life science, material research (technology transfer from aerospace), new technologies and services.
The following suggestions are only examples of how the Airbus portfolio supports applications and are intended to encourage the development of one’s own ideas. There is no limit on creativity in the submissions.
- New satellites and the external ISS platform Bartolomeo offer affordable access into orbit for applications and in-orbit demonstrations. Often as a precursor to dedicated satellites or constellations, e.g. for 5G/IOT/M2M or Earth observation
- The networking between stratosphere and different orbits enables almost permanent, global coverage. Optical links enable the secure exchange of high data rates.
- Research and tests in zero-gravity conditions or partial gravity can be conducted affordably with sounding rockets and commercial systems on the ISS (myBiorack).
- Online networking with databases such as e.g. geoinformation and data services enables a previously unavailable spatial and temporal correlation as a prerequisite for many IoT applications.
The winning idea receives a customised support package from Airbus with the following components:
- Access to the global Airbus expert network
- A place on the shortlist for the BizLab accelerator
- Possibility of pitching to Airbus Ventures
- Consulting for a mission proposal*
- Development of a crowd-investing campaign with SpaceStarters for a space experiment on the ISS (www.my-experiment-in.space):
„Send your experiment to space – with the Airbus prize the crowd makes it possible“
– Airbus enables the preparation and implementation of a crowd investing campaign for the winner together with SpaceStarters.**
– The winner can achieve financing for the planned experiment in the context of the crowd investing campaign
– The crowd invests money and the experiment flies to space – powered by the Airbus prize and with the help of SpaceStarters
*with the aim of a joint application for public funding
“Space Moves!” – all of us!
Space has become so common that today we can no longer imagine what our lives would be like without navigation, communication and Earth observation satellites. With the advent of digitalisation, the importance of space in our daily lives is set to increase further.
Fast, low-cost access to the International Space Station ISS, small satellites and whole constellations of satellites with permanent availability and connectivity have led to a new founders’ scene, which, with private capital, is able to tap extremely quickly into new business models and applications for a dynamically changing market.
Airbus is looking for precisely these innovators, who want to tap into new potential with extraordinary applications and business models so that they can become a common part of our lives tomorrow.