ESA BIC Start-up Challenge
The space sector creates innovations that see use in many branches of industry and the most commonplace areas of everyday life. The European Space Agency’s two business incubators in Germany – ESA BIC Darmstadt and ESA BIC Bavaria – have already supported the foundation of over 200 companies in their effort to promote the transfer of space technologies to myriad areas of commercial application. These include new materials, Earth observation, logistics, medical technology, mobility, navigation, and big data to name just a few.
Meanwhile, the space sector has also begun to profit from technical advancements achieved “on the ground” in a variety of industries, such as microelectronics, material science, and information technology. Space programmes are now also being initiated by innovative start-ups and other private industrial entities.
The ESA BIC Start-up Challenge of the INNOspace Masters is looking for the best new business ideas and – models. The technology transfer ideas from Earth into space and vice versa could include:
- Mobility applications/solutions
- Innovative optimisation solutions
- Increased efficiency and customer orientation solutions
- Components or subsystems
- Or any other ideas in the space sector
Start-ups are invited to submit their innovative products or services for the new space economy and obtain support from Germany’s ESA Business Incubation Centres in entering this future industry.
The ESA BIC Start-up Challenge is looking for start-ups to be supported in their successful entry into the space market at ESA BIC Darmstadt or ESA BIC Bavaria.
The incubation programme is designed to help you establish a new company and acquire customers with your new space product or service within two years.
- The winner will receive support in developing a viable business concept
- The winner will receive support in preparing anapplication for one of the two German ESA BIC facilities with the opportunity of EUR 50,000 in funding.
- The ESA BICs also offer access to a Europe-wide network of experts, which can assist the winner in both the technological and business-related aspects of the young company’s development.